Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Big Move

On June 24 I moved from West Lafayette, Indiana to Hendersonville, North Carolina -- and retired while I was at it.

Here is my new home in the Carolina mountains.
Just kidding! That's an odd little house nearby.


This is where I really live -- a twilight shot:


And this is my own little patio on the back:

It's a great life! Not going to work seems weird, but weird in a nice way. But I'm so busy with all the little things I need to do to get settled, I'm not really getting the rest and relaxation part -- not yet.

I had a beautiful retirement party before I left:


But the best party was this unofficial one at Triple XXX:


I miss you guys!
Stay tuned for more about my mountain adventure!




8 Comments:

At July 26, 2007 at 6:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to see you got the blog going.
We can't wait to come out there for a visit!

 
At July 29, 2007 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog, Beth.

So proud of you for getting this up and running. You will have to teach me how sometime.

Great Pics.....Morgan is REALLY a cutie and sounds like he is the apple of grandma's eye for sure!

All is well here. APRA Conference was HUGE success. I travel on to Arkansas this week. Back soon!

Take care....

 
At July 30, 2007 at 5:36 AM , Blogger K said...

Congrats on getting the blog set up. When you're back in Hoosierland, will you teach me? And maybe while you're here, you could do a few corp. bkgrndrs -- just for kicks!!
Miss you tons,
K

 
At July 30, 2007 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Gracie said...

Congratulations Beth on the big move & new blog! This will be a great way to keep up with you now!! :)

 
At July 30, 2007 at 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you. Hope you come back for a visit soon. DW

 
At July 31, 2007 at 6:37 AM , Blogger susano said...

Nice job, Beth! I'd love to learn to do this!

Sure do miss you here, but glad you're enjoying retirement. Stop by when you're in town - we could easily keep you busy here at the office!

Take care...

 
At August 2, 2007 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Late Bloomer said...

Hi Beth!

This is fantastic! It's like being there without having to buy a plane ticket. Was it easy to set this up?

 
At August 13, 2007 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Thank you for the pictures. Your grandson is wonderful, of course.
I hope you had a "great" birthday.

Betty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home