Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Eating Out in the Mountains


One of the joys of retirement is eating out! I've had some great experiences so far. This area has all the usual chains, but also a lot of really interesting independent restaurants.

Above is the Hare & Hound in Landrum, South Carolina (with Nancy & Ware in front). Not only did this place serve fabulous rhubarb pie, but it also had a very interesting bathroom. I couldn't resist taking a picture of the ... um ... bathroom tissue dispenser.

Another great eatery was the Wrinkled Egg in Flat Rock. Nancy and I shared a pizza made of goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and basil, and it was SO good! We ate out on the patio (below) and had sweet tea, naturally!

One of my new favorites is Hot Dog World! Yes, it is just as classy as it sounds! Basically an old 50's-type drive-up. There is always a long line, because the hot dogs -- and everything else -- are so good!


Uh-oh. I just realized I have turned into my father -- taking pictures of restaurants!

2 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, The photo of the Wrinkled Egg looks like something from Nashville, Indiana. After reading your blog, I'm hungry. We are getting more restaurants here serving sweet tea. Tasty! Thanks for sharing your corner of the country. Take care.

 
At September 17, 2007 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, I sent you an email. You have some good news.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home