Wildlife
Even though I live within a few miles of Wal-Mart and all the fast food options you can imagine, I am also living within a very rural setting. Every day I encounter some sort of wildlife. For instance, here is a regular visitor to our back deck:

This week I encountered these sweet guys while on my way to my cousin Sharon's house:
On another day I met up with these guys:

Hard to tell, but this is a pair of wild turkeys just standing in someone's yard. I decided to slowly creep up on them and try to get a better picture. They didn't seem too alarmed and let me get quite close:

And then even closer:

And then -- AAAGGHHH!!! -- I did NOT get a picture of wild turkeys chasing me as I ran down the road. Who knew they were so -- cranky? I was too intimidated to remind them that Thanksgiving is coming!

4 Comments:
Too funny! :)
Thanks for a good laugh.
As a kid, I remember being chased by geese at Bellingrath Gardens.
I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the sight I imagined! You and the turkeys -- remind you of Purdue?
Good thing you saw them now -- in a couple of months they'll be strung up from the swing set - just waiting for Thanksgiving dinner...Ah, the South. I miss it so.....
What great photos!!!! I love the burros!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home