Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home Improvements


Just wanted to update everyone who HASN'T seen the homestead recently on all the home improvements. Here is View #1 of my bedroom and my new headboard.





View #2. No, I don't have door in my mirror; it's a reflection.


View #3. Please ignore all the shoeboxes on the floor -- I'm sorting pictures in them! Just wanted everyone to see how cool my old secretary looks in the bedroom.


Three views of the attached sitting room. You can see that my TV, coffee center and desk are tucked under the stairway. The electric fireplace was recently added, because there is no vent for heat in this room. It works like a charm!






Below are two views of the new "game room" which is above my bedroom. We've also called it the "morning room," but it seems to have turned into the game room, because that's where Judy watches football, and where all the card games take place.

















There are more improvements on the outside! Here are two views of the "new" front yard:

Sorry about that hose, but it is a fixture, since new sod has to be watered OFTEN!




And this is the view coming down the new driveway. Speaking of the driveway, for anyone who remembers Judy's former "killer" driveway, this is now the view straight out from the garage -- now a nice turnaround area with a fence:


So, isn't it fabulous? Come visit!


Here are some obligatory fall pictures -- people tell me the color is not too good this year because we're in a drought, but it looks pretty good to me!










And just as note of interest ...

Hendersonville is home to a colony of white squirrels! I find this very interesting, because I lived so many years in Holland, Michigan, where black squirrels were a common sight. Here is a picture of a white squirrel in our neighbor's yard:


It's a little blurry, because he was pretty far away, but he sure is white, isn't he? I thought it was a cat at first!

Till next time!

3 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 at 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy. The yard looks great and I love the room colors (nice and cheery).

You just won't leave the wildlife alone, but I did notice that you didn't get as close this time.

Take care.

 
At November 1, 2007 at 8:17 AM , Blogger susano said...

Such a nice house! I just love big porches...so wouldn't you know, my new house has a small one! You've got a knack for these blogs - really enjoy reading your news.

 
At November 2, 2007 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Thanks, guys! I'm loving it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home