Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas in Florida

Who says if you have Christmas in Florida, you can't have a nice tree? Couldn't resist shooting a picture of a live oak with Spanish moss outside the courthouse in Arcadia.

Why was I at a courthouse in Arcadia? Well, while I was in Florida, Uncle Dan and Aunt Rosie had an accident -- a little scary, but no serious injuries. We were at the courthouse to file some papers.

Not much to see, but here is a picture of the scene of the accident:

Uncle Dan had accidently turned into the wrong lane of a divided highway, not realizing, from his vantage point, that it was divided. His car is totaled, but we are so thankful he and Rosie are okay. I hear they now have a new (to them) red Impala!

That was the most dramatic event of Christmas, but the sweetest was the visit from Morgan -- oh yes, Andrew and Abbi came along, too!


Here's Morgan with a book shortly before he conked out for a nap. By the way, his shirt says "My Dad ROCKS."

Other highlights --

On the way down, Nancy and I stopped in Madison, Georgia, for lunch. Here is Nancy at a very cool little restaurant called O'Hara's:

I also encountered not one but TWO princesses in Florida!




Hadley and Imogen happily modeled their Disney finery for me.













And I had a great lunch at Phillipi Creek Oyster Bar in Sarasota with a great bunch of people:



Clockwise:

Tatumn, Andrew, Hadley, Morgan, Abbi, Imogen. My nephew Eric was smart enough to stay out of the picture.

Abbi and I split and shared entrees of blackened grouper and coconut shrimp. MMMMmmmmm.


All too soon it was time to go home again!

1 Comments:

At January 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM , Blogger the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Love the post. How are things in North Carolina? Hopefully, not too cold.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home