My Brother Doug
He had spent the day with his wife Kathy at their cabin in Northern Michigan, and when they returned home in the evening he and his son cleared their driveway of newly-fallen snow. He came inside and went into cardiac arrest. He never regained consciousness and died shortly thereafter.
Our family got together from far and near for his funeral. It seemed like the whole town of Holland showed up. It was so gratifying to know how much his community loved him.
Doug was the kindest man. He was the worst driver. He had a beautiful laugh. He was deeply religious. He would do anything for anybody. Babies loved him. People loved him. His family loved him.
It is impossible to believe that the next time we sit down for a card game, he won't be there shuffling the deck. That he won't call me up and say "Bay-uth!" That he won't come around the corner and smile. That I won't get another hug.
We are in a lot of pain right now, but we were privileged to have him while we did. Thank you to everyone who has offered us comfort and support at this difficult time.

3 Comments:
Beth, I am so sorry. You're in my thoughts...
So sorry Beth!!! We'll be thinking about you!
-Jackie, Marcus & Zachary
Beth, I hope you know that Gabe & I are thinking about you right now! I think I met your brother once and he was a very nice man!!
All our love,
Gracie & Gabe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home