Living in a Postcard
Winters are very mild here -- at least to me, since I'm used to Midwestern deep freezes. But we do get the occasional snowfall, and it's always pretty. Here are a couple of pictures I took from our porch several days ago.
When we get a snowfall like this, it literally closes down the town. Pretty amusing. Of course, the mountain roads are tricky even without snow and ice, so I can hardly complain.
I just got a lovely surprise when Brian and Kristen stopped by for a short visit on their way back from a vacation in Savannah. We mostly hung around the house playing cards -- and Yahtzee -- and Greed (or Farkel). Isn't it wonderful Kristen likes to play games, too? She SO fits in!
Below is a picture of Brian and Kristen outside a restaurant called Larkin's on the Lake in Lake Lure.

3 Comments:
Looks beautiful but I'm not sorry to miss it...the snow I mean...very sorry to have missed Brian and Kristin. Glad you had fun.
Hey Beth!
Looks beautiful. It makes me remember growing up in Virginia and you're right! Towns shut down when the snow flies. It's a strange concept when you're used to flat, straight roads, huh? We don't have the snow right now, but it is VERY cold! Miss you and would love to see you.
K.
Love the photo of Brian & Kristen!! Hope you are doing well & it certainly looks like you are! I don't know HOW you have survived without pedicures but I am sure you are hooked now, just look at those pretty tootsies!!! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home