It's Been Almost a Month...
Grace Ann started coming around my house when she was fourteen. She was a "friend" of my sons' good friend Gabe -- at that time she seemed to switch from friend to girlfriend to friend -- but she was always there. Years later, when Grace and Gabe were married, Grace became close to my son Andrew's fiance, Abbi. She was matron of honor at Andrew and Abbi's wedding.
I have always been grateful that my kids have had such good friends. Among them, Grace was special. She seemed to have an unquenchable spirit, a gift for fun and for compassion. She approached life with humor, enthusiasm, and, yes, grace.
It was a horrible shock for all of us when she was diagnosed with brain cancer.
But, you know, we all thought she was going to beat it -- even though the odds against it were tremendous. She seemed to defy all the experts. And through it all, I never saw her zest for life diminish. If anything, she sparkled even more -- her love for her family and friends were her guilding light. And everyone who loved her was blessed to have her.
Saying good-bye to Grace was inexpressibly sad, but it was also a celebration of a life well-lived. I know she will be mourned, but she will also live on because so many were touched by her. I am very grateful that my family was among them.

1 Comments:
So nicely said and so very true. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home